Building Control Surveyor position
MC Plan & Site Services aim to provide a personalised, professional Building Control service to all clients, whether they are developing a large housing project, an extension to their own home, or a refurbishment of a commercial unit.
Mark and the team act as a 'One Stop Shop', encompassing all the Building Control services under one roof in an efficient and cost-effective manner. MC Plan & Site Services will work closely with all parties involved throughout the process including the Application Submission, Plan Assessment, Site Inspections and Completion of Works.
Your Key role
Your key role is to provide a customer focused Building Control plan checking and Site Inspection Service to help ensure projects meet the Building Regulations and associated guidance.
If you are a Building Control Surveyor who would like to work with a personable company who have your best interests at heart where you will be valued and expected to evolve as a professional, we want to hear from you.
The post area of building control activities will be primarily based in the Hampshire areas of Southampton, Portsmouth, Basingstoke and Winchester.
Key tasks will include:
- Maintaining a portfolio of projects and clients whilst efficiently prioritising own workload.
- Foster sound working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Vet applicable documents and drawings to ensure compliance with the Building
- Regulations, associated statutory legislation and guidance.
- Carry out Site Inspections, prepare site visit reports and witness tests.
- Attend client and design team meetings to give professional building control advice.
- Ensure close communication with line manager to ensure commercial and technical requirements of projects are met and immediately advising of difficulties or uncertainties.
- Consult with the fire authorities and other statutory bodies as necessary.
- Ensure DMS records are maintained to ensure the Company’s Quality Procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met.
- Contribute positively to the culture, vision and values, conduct and discipline of the Building Control Division and MC Plan and Site Services to encourage an enjoyable, productive and efficient working environment for all.
To be successful, its essential you have the following:
- Previous in-house or external building control experience.
- Corporate or Associate membership of RICS, CABE, CIOB or equivalent or working towards completing professional qualification.
- Conversant with relevant legislation, technical guidance and the Construction Industry Council Code of Conduct.
- Current valid driving licence.
- Customer focussed.
Please feel free to contact Helen Cook on 01202 744966 or Mark on 07791 023945 if you have any further questions about the post. If interested, please apply in writing, enclosing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org